As a key element of the Russian energy industry that determines the final results of its activity, Transneft, JSC sees the main priority of its business in the protection of workers’ life and health, as well as provision of safe conditions for their work.
Fully aware of potential negative impact of its widescale and sophisticated activity on life and health of its workers, Transneft, JSC will develop the trunk pipeline transport and perform works in such a way as to minimize hazards and protect the workers subject to risk of occupational injuries or professional diseases.
Transneft, JSC activity is based on the following principles:
- compliance with requirements of Russian legislation, international treaties of the Russian Federation and labor protection standards;
- continuous improvement of activity in the sphere of occupational health and hygiene;
- planning and performing of activity aimed to preventing occupational accidents and professional diseases;
- planning and performing of activity aimed to equip the workers with the means of personal protection against hazardous production factors, corresponding to the modern level of science and technology in the area of labor protection;
- making available the significant information on activity in the area of labor protection.
To ensure observance of the said principles, Transneft, JSC sets the following goals and objectives:
- ensuring labor protection and safe working conditions for workers during operation of buildings, constructions, equipment and performance of technological processes;
- support of systems for occupational health and hygiene monitoring and control;
- provision of sanitation and housekeeping conditions and preventive medical care for workers; equipment of medical facilities (health and first aid facilities) for delivery of medical care and health improving treatment of workers; equipment the same with first aid means and medicines;
- certification of workplaces according to working conditions with subsequent certification of labor protection activities;
- informing of workers on labor protection and workplace conditions, existing health risks, means of protection against the impact of harmful and hazardous production factors;
- minimization of risks and protection of workers against occupational injuries and professional diseases;
- continuous training on safety methods and techniques of labor protection activities, as well as checking the knowledge of labor protection requirements;
- improvement of the system of labor protection management at Transneft, JSC due to timely development and updating of corporate guidelines and regulations in the area of labor protection, distinct division of rights, liability and responsibility of workers for observance of labor protection requirements;
- allocation of organizational, material and financial resources for the system of labor protection management and holding labor protection events;
- establishment of personal responsibility of administration and direct executors for observance of labor protection requirements;
- continuous formation of a positive image of Transneft, JSC as a company focusing at the priority protection of the life and health of its workers;
- raising production standards, educational and professional level of workers in the area of labor protection;
- consideration of opinion of employees and stakeholders interested in labor protection management at the Company.
Transneft, JSC considers observance of these provisions as a guarantee of optimal combination of interests of the Company with social-economic needs of society in the sphere of labor protect
Transneft Occupational Health and Safety Policy
Being a key element of Russia’s energy sector that ensures its final performance, Transneft sets the protection of life and health of its employees and provision of safe working conditions as the highest priority of its activity.
Fully realising the scale and technological complexity of its activities, Transneft shall develop a main pipeline transport and perform works in such a manner as to minimise the risks and prevent the threats of workplace accidents and occupational diseases of employees.
Occupational health and safety principles of Transneft:
- the life and health of employees have a higher priority than production performance results;
- each employee is personally responsible for his or her own safety, has the right to stop and must refuse to perform works not complying with the safety requirements;
- all employees are involved in activities relating to reducing workplace injuries and occupational diseases;
- managers of all levels play a leading role in matters of ensuring safe working conditions;
- important health and safety information is open and readily available.
Occupational health and safety responsibilities of Transneft:
- compliance with the requirements of the Russian legislation, international agreements of the Russian Federation, occupational health and safety standards;
- continuous improvement and perfection of occupational health and safety.
To comply with the above principles, Transneft sets the following goals and objectives:
- plan and take actions aimed to prevent workplace accidents and occupational diseases;
- ensure occupational safety and safe working conditions for employees in operation of buildings, structures, equipment and business processes;
- plan and take actions aimed at providing employees with personal protection equipment for protection from dangerous production factors corresponding to the modern level of science and technology in occupational health and safety;
- ensure proper functioning of systems for monitoring and control of occupational safety and working conditions at workplaces;
- conduct a dedicated assessment of working conditions and levels of professional risk;
- provide sanitary and utility services and medical support to employees in compliance with the occupational safety requirements; conduct statutory preliminary and regular medical examinations of employees;
- inform employees about occupational health and safety and working conditions at workplaces, relevant health risks, measures to protect from harmful production factors and occupational hazards;
- minimise the risks and prevent the threats of workplace accidents and occupational diseases;
- conduct regular training on safe methods and techniques for performing occupational safety works and to test knowledge of occupational health and safety requirements;
- improve the occupational health and safety management system by means of timely development and update of corporate guidelines and occupational health and safety regulations, and clear distribution of employees’ rights, obligations, and responsibility for compliance with the occupational health and safety requirements;
- allocate organisational, physical and financial resources to ensure proper functioning of the occupational health and safety management system and taking occupational health and safety measures;
- ensure personal responsibility of managers and relevant employees for compliance with the occupational health and safety requirements;
- maintain a positive image of Transneft as a company focused on protection of life and health of its employees;
- improve production culture, educational and professional level of employees in the area of occupational health and safety;
- take into consideration opinions of employees and other stakeholders in performing occupational health and safety activities.
Transneft believes that compliance with these provisions is a key to ensuring an optimal combination of the Company’s interests and society’s socio-economic needs in the field of occupational health and safety.